Monday, May 07, 2007

Hello muscles!

And welcome back. I am sure you're thinking that I forgot you!!!

Been so busy this last week, go go go, but all good!! Mari was up, Judy visited, and my stepmother was down. And had rafts of appts and lessons for the kids and lots of running around. And in the midst of all of that, I managed to exercise 5 times!!! That is so awesome for me. And so long overdue. I seem to do so much better in the good weather, and it finally seems to be coming around!

On the weekend, we had Makayla's regionals for the Historica fair. All the participants got a medal and certificate and the winners will be announced at the end of the week. She must be really proud of herself. Yesterday, she got all dressed, did her hair, put on her medal and went out the door for the day. It was a riot. I am really proud of her too, she did a great job. And her hair turned out really well again. Need better "glue" though, the hairspray I have isn't super. She looks good in curls and I'll get some pics up eventually!

Yesterday we went out with Amber and Chris and Mark's dad and REg to do the roof on Reg's garage. That was a good workout too. And I managed to get all the way to the end of the day before getting any tar on me. I was soooooooooooo close!! I was trying to work out my left arm and do some nails with it, but it sucks!! It is really crazy how much stronger my right arm is, and more coordinated. It is all crampy today from hammering, and of course I have a blister. I usually get them if I do any work for more than one hour - ha!!

Then we were still energetic so we went and piled wood. It is good work, and hard. And glad to get it done and give REg a hand with it. Too much to tackle on your own. It was a really good day and Mom made a great roast supper. Yum. And the kiddies got to play outside and have some fun too.

So, I wonder how many of us can move today?!?! hehehe I am sore from pushups and tricep dips. My poor arms must not know what hit 'em! Hope I can keep up with the gals at dance class tonight!!

I think that's all my news. Oh yeah, we went over to B&J's for Emma's bday party. Even though we missed it due to regionals, we still had a nice visit and awesome cake that Jeff made!!! Imagine!!

Oh, and we got a new hot water tank, that actually works, so I can finally have a hot bath instead of a luke warm one!! Yipppeeee .... and my bed is sooooooooo awesome! I feel like I am at a hotel every night. Can't get better than that!!

2 comments:

Bern said...

Hurray!! I thought you'd abandoned ship.

We did have a really nice visit...and so glad you came.

Good for you, getting up on the roof. Ya wouldn't get me up there. Not one for high places.
~B

Bern said...

10 days is too long to wait for more news. All I'm asking for is a paragraph, just 1, 4 lines even. Throw me a bone lady!! Even if it's "boring" write it anyway. Here, I'll start you off..."Today I changed 4 poopy diapers, picked up D's toys for the ba-lillion-th time..."