Monday, May 28, 2007

Some things never change

I just can't get out of the closet!!! Some of you may know what I mean. Typical me trying to clean up for a dinner party: sweeping, doing laundry, cleaning bathroom, stop in closet to put away clean laundry, notice that closet is a mess. End up stuck cleaning out and organizing closet instead of getting ready for guests. And I do it all the time - not on purpose - and I just can't help myself!!!

Happened again as you may have guessed :)

We worked a bit on the kitchen. Saw a great deal on cabinet hardware and have been dying to change them out for ages, so we got them. Then, as I'm trying to put them on right quick before supper and before my aunt arrives from PEI, I decide that the cupboards need to be cleaned. And really, it only makes sense to do them when you have the hardware off. So, a 20 minute job turned into a 4 hour one, and we didn't have any supper. At least I did get clean sheets on the bed and the bathroom cleaned :) So, I think I scraped and cleaned about 2 pounds of pure grime off the cupboards. God knows when they were done last. They've been wiped down here and there, but not really "housecleaned".

So, the hardware is all on now, looks good, and then I realize that I didn't get any hinges. D'oh!! Forgot about that! So, that's next on the list. Mark finally fit the countertop and did a great job. And we got a new granite sink and a new faucet. I can't decide if I like the sink or not. It is deep and I like the shape, but don't love it yet. I think I am just so slow to "adapt" to change, that I'll likely end up lovign it. I do love the faucet!!! And it has a built in soap dispenser which I think is the most genious thing I have ever seen!!!

So, we're just getting that all finished up and getting ready to make supper, and then we discover that the line goign to the fridge for ice and water broke and leaked everywhere. And ruined the brand new paint job we just finished in the basement. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And of course we don't have the part to fix it, and we can't get it on Sun. D'oh. So, no water to pee or cook or bathe until we frig around for a bit. And then I notice how much crap is "poured" all over the sides of the fridge and stove. Sooooooooooooooooooo, I start cleaning. Thought it would just take 2 mins. Then I realize we own nothing that will do anything other than smear the grease around the side of the stove. Then it was "game on". I had to "beat" the grease. So, no supper again!! The kids were fed, but adults were too focused to even be hungry :) The stove is clean, but I had to give up on the fridge and will tackle it and the floor today. Will be nice to get all of those things done. But, god - any tips on cleaning sticky, greasy stuff!!! I guess you can tell that I'm not Martha!! haha

Hoping to get started on the bathroom this weekend. Should be fun! Hope we can manage and do a good job. REally, I don't care about anyting as long as I get the tub in. I am soooooooooo terribly excited about it, yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I guess that has been my life latley. Cleaning, company, appts, lessons, a little frustration, but lots of love and fun.

Till next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, you are soooooo like me or me you...whatever :) Good that you're getting stuff done! Good luck with the bathroom. What are you going to do there?

Shay said...

It is soooo painful!! But productive in the end, so not sure I'll ever change :)

Ripping everything down and out in bathroom. We have wetnees, and I'm sure mould once we move everything. So, new drywall, tile, tub, sink, etc. etc. And fixutres. I think we'll keep the vanity :) Trying to save money - hehehe

Anonymous said...

You save money like I do ;)

Bern said...

Oh no!!! The damn paint!!! I hope it will repair easily.

For the fridge, why not use goo-gone. Or maybe a baking soda paste, if that's not too abrasive. Good luck with it!
~B