Friday, August 18, 2006

Keeping Busy

Keeping Busy - I think that is my middle name. I guess better to have a full life than a dull one, but would be nice not to have so much pressure to get everything done. I think I am my own worst enemy.

We did have a nice day yesterday. Makayla and I went shopping a bit to look at discount luggage from returns and overstock. We picked out a Samsonite one that seems to be really great and it was about 80% off so that is always fun :) I love a good bargain. I heard a joke once saying that men "overpay" for things they need, and women spend money on sale items that they don't need. I hate to admit, but that can be true!!

After that, we went to the Black Cultural Centre. http://www.bccns.com/ I only realized lately that it was open to the public. And they had a display about the Underground Railroad that we wanted to see. It was very informative there. I didn't realized and was shocked to notice how uneducated I was about Black History. It was pathetic really. Makayla knew much more than me. They learned a lot of what she knew in school. We really should have gotten more of that in school too. Anyway, I felt really "stupid" for lack of a better word for all that I didn't know, but glad that I did learn quite a bit there.

The Amistad is in Halifax for tours, so we might do that as a follow up, but there are barely enough days left to cram everything in that we want to do. As usual :)

Then, we went to Fan's Chinese restaurant for the best chinese food I've ever had. It's a tacky, cheesy little place with all kinds of "stuffed" animals. Ugh. But the food is unbeatable and they have a turtle pond. Which we love.

That's all for now!

No comments: