So, things are moving right along. The stairs are primed, and double coated. I just have to figure out how to adhere the runner and they'll be done. Painted all the trim and wainscoating in the basement in the white. Just finished up the FIFTH coat of paint on the vanity. Obviously, I picked the wrong colour. It was an orangey red. So for the fourth and fifth coats, I mixed a little brown in there and it is covering much better. 24 more hours to dry and then I'll put the crackle coat on. then after the crackle coat, it'll be the dark brown. So, hopefully it'll all look good when it is finished. After that, it'll all need to be polyurethened, so I think I'll end up doing 10 coats on the friggin thing and lots of $ in paint stuff. But, all to save money right instead of buying a new vanity :) Sometimes I wonder!
We mudded, sanded, mudded, sanded, mudded, and red guarded and then red guarded. So, in 24 hrs, the tile can go up. Yeeeee hawww!!! It'll be nice to be able to bath the kids and to get a shower. I do love baths and my new tub, but is it nice to just get a quick shower sometimes too.
I still don't know what colour to paint in the kitchen on the shelf, so it is a lovely shade of primer.
Got the lawn mowed today. it is good exercise. I know I am getting stronger as I can start it all by myself now - hehehe. All this exercise is really paying off :)
I went to the Gaelic immersion class on Tuesday. It was a 3 hour session, and it was really really wonderful. It is an amazing group, with a great instructor and a clever way of learning. I came home feeling like I knew quite a bit so far. For how much I've put in and that is awesome. I'm taking the kids over to a children's workshop tomorrow. They've been asking and asking when they can go back. And Makayla is even interested in learning the milling songs with me, so that is amazing.
I found a lead on square dancing here, and I am so excited about that. They are all finished up for the summer, but will start up again in September and I'm going to drag anyone who will go with me!!! It is so much fun you can help but giggle and holler and it is a great workout too. And I'm hoping to get into some stepdancing lessons. It'd be really nice to get back to them. I've missed 'em.
Last night we went out to see the band Jug In Hand at the Celtic Corner with Doug and Sarah and all the gaelic crew. So easy to be with them all and speak and learn more and enjoy the tunes. The band was great. Really enjoyed the company and the music and the food was excellent as usual. And I finally got to try Rickard's White. I think it is my new fav beer, Rickards that is. The white is sort of like Keith's but milder and smoother and they serve it with an orange slice. It is yummy. We had the last two pints in the keg, so I guess we'll just have to go back!
I did some gaelic precenting awhile back too and it looks like they want us to "perform" again so I guess we weren't that bad hehehe.
I had a nice reunion with an old friend. We had a falling out and were out of touch. It all seems so needless now, but I guess everything is always clearer in hindsight. And maybe there was a reason that things went the way that they did. So, I guess I've just decided to let that be and just move forward from this point and live in the today. We went to lunch and had a really great visit and I'm really glad that we were both open to whatever might come to be.
Our Boston trip is going to be here before we know it. God, I dread getting packed for that trip. Ugh. I'll have to get started early if I know what's good for me. Knowing me, I'll be doing it all at the last minute. And I'm going to be shopping for a new purse. Yippeee!! I need one BADLY.
I guess that's all for my random spewing of news/thoughts. There never seems to be much rhyme or reason to my posts. But, at least looking back, I'll be able to figure out what I did with my life - ha!!
Have a great weekend!
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment