Monday, June 25, 2007

Where to begin ...

on my catch up of events. So much is new, and so much is the same.

We are STILL working on the bathroom. And seem to be going in slow motion. We did an epoxy grout. MAN!! It is supposed to be really awesome for a seal and mildew proof and doesn't require intense cleaning or maintenance, but HOLY!! It was a pure nightmare to work with. And it is everywhere. And you need a solvent to get it off. The other stuff is so much better!!! Well, maybe not better, but easier. So, I am still trying to get it off my body and hair and walls and floor, etc. YEs, it was quite messy!!!

And trying to scrub it off the bottom of the brand new tub has scratched it all to bits!!! I am so disappointed. I tried to talk DH several times into taping and covering the tub. Too lazy to bother with it, and now I am really grumpy about it. As long as it'll still hold water, I guess that's the main thing ... but just so senseless!!!

The toilet is in. And I have the poly for the vanity, but have some touch up paint to do before I totally finish it. We have been shower curtain shopping, and Man, it is hard to find the right one. We should have picked it out first!! And then everything else around it. That would have been a good idea!! So, the search continues .....

We are back from Boston and still in one piece!!! Lots to tell about that trip.

We had a tom tom with us ... it is a navigational GPS system or whatever they are called. It was brilliant and I loved it. A huge help in the big cities for sure. The kids were great on the drive.

Got to see dad and all the family when we dropped off and picked up Deylin in NB. He got along sooooooooooooo well with them, and they treated him like a prince. He had a great week, and it was such a relief to know that he was fine and having a great visit with them. It is nice getting them one on one as it is so chaotic trying to visit all the kids at once. So, I was so grateful for that and happy to see them all.

Makayla did great at her dancing and there are really great people involved with it. Nice to spend time with them and watch the competitors .. some of them just gave me goosebumps!!! Makayla competed in 3 dances each of the 2 days. And she got 3 first places the first day and 2 firsts and a third on the second day. She was happy and very gracious. And congratulated all the girls. She was a really great sport. I was so proud of her. The trophies and medals really weren't important to us. The experience and having fun and meeting new friends was our focus. So, it was a real treat and surprise to her when she won the competitions. And of course she was gorgeous!! I'll have to reallyl make some time to get some pics up soon!!

The subways in Boston are so great. We had an awesome time getting around and it is so fast and easy. Loved that!! Also, there are soooooooooo many cultures in Boston, that was really fun and amazing too ...

We did lots of sight seeing and touring around. We were busy every second that we were there. And we made lots of meals and packed lots of lunches which really helped. It was cheap and convenient and the easiest way to make sure that we had food the kids would like. In the US, they have sooooooooooo much more variety than we do. They have all the same things for the most part, and then about 40 other varieties of the same items. Fun!

We went to the Museum of Fine Art, the Museum of Natural History at Harvard, the Skywalk (50th floor tour), Duck Tour (land and water), the New England Aquarium, oh yeah - and the Museum of Science. The museums were all amazing, and could have had more time at each. Really a lot of fun and so much to see, do and try. The kids were awesome.

We also went to Tomb http://5-wits.com/home.htm It is hard to explain what it was. But, it was puzzling, challenging, rewarding, just a bit scary and very adventurous. It was well worth the money, and the kids really enjoyed it!! I am so glad we made it there. There were many mixed reviews on the net, but I think it if you go in thinking it is geared for a 12 year old, then you won't be disappointed. We had a blast there, and it was such a thrill for the kids ... great fun!!!

Have been to a few more Gaelic classes with myself and the kids. Am still really enjoying it. And we got out Thurs night to see Jug in Hand. Great time, good music, and fun company. Makayla had her first soccer game last night. They lost but she had fun and they played really well, so that was fun for us. Helped Amber pack up yesterday .. she's moving out with mom. And I hope they don't all eat each other - hahaha.

I guess that's all my news. Whatever else you wanna know ... just ask. Oh yeah, and we did one tiny little cache while we were away. Great hide in a very public spot and it was on our way. So, that was fun too!

Am struggling to get back on track and be caught up. But, will keep at it and get there someday!

No comments: