Monday, March 10, 2008

hanging out

Didn't do a whole lot today. We were tired from travelling so we just got settled in and visited and toured the area a little bit. The sun is shining and the pool is warm. It is definitely shorts and sunscreen time here. I'm not sure that I'd want to live here though. I LOVE the sunshine and outdoors and it is a real treat and a break from the winter, but I've discovered that I don't like the heat too much either.
We're staying at a 55+ trailer park. Lots of kind folks and they all love the heat!! We're in a one bedroom trailer - there are 8 of us, but with the Florida room and pull out couches, we are all fitting in. One way or the other.
The kids are being great and that makes it a lot easier!!!
Oh yeah, and we went up to the "hall" for a crib tournament. It was fun ... to meet some folks and play some cards. Have always found that fun!! I won 4 games and lost 2 really really shamefully badly!!

After that, we shot some pool with Mark's dad, Jim and uncle Bill. I am sadly bad at pool but it was fun and learned a fair bit, now only to retain it!

No comments: