Monday, July 16, 2007

Single and Looking - Part II

Well, had to run to Cdn Tire again today. My prev post was about wipers, and me putting them on in the c.t. parking lot and how many fellas stopped to help.



Today, I had to get some Lucas fluid and put that in ... in the c.t. parking lot. And same thing. The guys flock like flies!!! I think they must feel they need to rescue me as there's no way I could be competent. One fella even said, "Did you figure that out all by yourself?" and he wasn't being sarcastic :)



On the way home from Boston, we broke down and lost ALL the engine oil. Got a tow, put more in, and then couldn't find any leaks anywhere at all. Had it to the shop, no leaks. Well, it is leaking, but from where, no one can figure. So, we got the Lucas brand stuff for engine oil, and it hasn't leaked yet!!!



Now, got that "fixed", and on the way home from the PEI ferry a few days ago, the van is smoking and grinding, so I pull over and stop, and I've got no transmission, and about 4 liters of fluid is on the ground!!! So, get a tow, fill it up and no leaks.



I think we have a van ghost. How can it not leak? So, we'd like to take it to a tranny shop but I'll wait for Mark to get back home. He's in T.O. for the week. In the meantime, I've filled her up with the Lucas stuff and we'll just see.


It's the same stuff we used when the Dodge van was slipping all the time and it fixed everything right up. After all the experts saying we needed a new transmission. So, I figure it can't hurt to give it a try. It's only 15$ afterall and in my experience, the stuff works miracles.



I think I should buy stock in the company!!!!

OH! And I need to get CAA - just in case :)

1 comment:

Bern said...

I heard through J from M that you broke down but didn't get the details. HOW SUCKY!? Yes, I agree with you on CAA. I don't have it but would like to. Guess with J around, I don't really need it.
~B