Berna, part of me thinks you are sooooooo right, but like I said to Mar, I do get to smell the roses as I blow past. I do take on too much usually, but life is short, and so much to do, and even when I do nothing - I'm always tired, so I might as well "earn" my fatigue. Get me? :)
Makayla cut her hair today - I'm soooo mad. Just in principle really. It was just her bangs. And she did a decent job, and it looks cute. But, she didn't ask permission and I guess that is the real issue. Respect. So, she's being extra "good" now and trying to suck up. Hard to be mad at her.
Deylin is a riot. He is garbling away non-stop and I mostly have no idea what he is saying. And he can get pretty serious too. I'd love to know what he's thinking. And he gets so excited playing with his trains. And even watching ants. He is excitable and loud - that's for sure!!
Phaedra is a baker supreme. We made a banana loaf today for Grampy and really she did all of it. All I did was measure and put it in the oven. She is at the stage now where she makes up her own jokes and wants big laughs. And makes up songs that can last 20 minutes and you have to listen intently the whole time. I know the time will fly, so I try to suck it all up!
Dad and Shauna arrived yesterday and S came with me to my precenting practice and we did a few milling songs too. She caught right on and we had a good time. Also, practiced my reading and got the A okay, so I'm relieved as I'd been going over it but worried that I'd "burn" in any mistakes or misprounications that I might have been making. But, we're good to go.
Am hoping the weather clears up for tomorrow. I'd like to get out to the Highland Games, but am not that keen to go in the rain.
I was all excited about a week long immersion event this summer, but there wasn't enough able to go, so we had to cancel - boo hoo :( I was looking forward to it. Hopefully, there'll be some other events going on instead.
I guess that's all my news. Hoping to get the whirpool hooked up today - that'll be fun!!! And need to figure out what to do with the window so we can start having showers again. Getting tiresome getting baths or borrowing showers.
Have a great weekend all!!
Friday, July 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just kind of glazed over your blog...still hadn't had my coffee. Then I was on FB and saw M's bangs! OMG!!!! I couldn't help but have the "why did she do that" reaction. I think it looks so cute. I just loved her long hair as "was". Truly, it's a part of her growing up. She's not a little girl anymore...and yes, getting into the disrespecting mom stage. It's hard to be mad, but let her know you want to be included in her decisions. If she thinks she can get away with it, she may try again...for a piercing/tattoo.
~B
Post a Comment