Monday, March 12, 2007

March Break Begins

Well, Friday night was mostly spent with Shirley and Bill and part of the afternoon too. It was great to visit them more. Wish we were closer. We took Mya and Makayla and left the rest home. Just a perfect mixture. It was so nice to hear their stories!! We had a nice meal with them too before they left. Looks like they might be back in the fall, and that would be awesome!

Saturday was a sort of crazy/unexpected day. Took Makayla to dancing. My goodness, she loves it!!! Found out that she is performing this Thurs and on the 27th at seniors' homes. So, that is exciting for her! And I found out that she is too young for a wig. The beginners and the advanced beginners are not permitted to wear wigs. So, that means curling her hair - ack!! I think it will be quite an undertaking. We're thinking about going to a feis in Boston and I am so excited at the prospect!! I need to scale back before I get my hopes up, but I'd love to visit the city!!

The Netherlands isn't happening as they needed someone immediately. But, hopefully there will be a next time!!

Spent the rest of Sat driving around looking for the right kind of rollers/curlers. Really hard to find!!!! One of the dancing moms has some to give us and we just have to pick them up, so that is a huge help!!!

On Sunday, we got out to do a few easy caches. Got a bit of cleaning done. Emily came over to hang out with makayla and we all went to Elaine and Jim's for supper. It was a really nice meal and nice visit. The kids were great although I think Phaedra is just living on AIR!!! The baby fell down the stairs twice!! Can you believe it??? I feel terrible, and we actually were watching him ... he is really good on the stairs themselves but feel once while walking on the landing and not watching where he was going! I was so worried, but with the padding and the carpeting, he wasn't hurt and didn't even have a mark on him. He got a good scare though!

Talked to mom today and found out that on Thurs when at Celtic Corner, it was Dave MacIaasc playing - no wonder he was so good!! I could have stayed there all night. I think that music is just IN me. I love it. Can't understand how you could possibly sit still while hearing it!

The time change for us was awesome! I think pretty much the first year ever, we didn't even notice it. Usually it is awful. This year, I split the diff and let the kids stay up a half hour later and they slept till their regular time on the new clock. So, it was perfect. I was so grateful. I hope I'll be as lucky next year cause I know it can really mess with the kiddies and their rest and demeanor.

Heading out to a twoonie matinee with the girls today. We're going to see Eragon. I am excited. I am just a big kid. There is no two ways about it.

Maybe we'll even get out caching again! There is one nearby that we haven't been able to find yet ....

That's all for now ... not much else new.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Bern said...

So glad you had a fun wknd. When my wallet builds up again, we'll have to do CC.
~B