Okay, it's official - I am an addict. Not that I didn't really know that, but man do I ever. It has just been reconfirmed lately. At least I get addicted to harmless things :)
I think what it really comes down to is that Makayla and I are a lot alike. Only this year, has she improved. Always at parent/teacher we get the comments like, bright student, but chatty and has trouble with transition. Can't move on to the next project on the teacher's timeline. Has to be her own. And it is not to be defiant. I just think she can't help herself. Anyway, it has been going great this year. She must be learning.
So, maybe I should take a page out of her book!!! Speaking of books, that's what I'm talking about. I'm half afraid to read a GOOD book, cause I'll not put it down. I'll neglect chores, and stay up too late!! Or like a hobby, I just put my head down, get in a zone, and I don't look up (I hope I can do this with Makayla's dress!). And if I am cleaning up, I might have a hundred things to do like cook, bathroom, sweep, etc etc, but as I am putting away the towels in teh closet, I start to reorganize the closet and clean and sort it. And can't quit till I'm done. But, them I'm in worse trouble as I am way more behind on the critical stuff. I know, it doens't make any sense. But, that is how I work.
So, lately, everything has been suffering due to puzzles!! Blasted things. I think I need to quit for awhile :) First we did the Lost puzzle that mark got for Christmas. Well, mostly Amber and I did it. Poor DH. Then, when it was finished, we missed it, so we stared one lent from Mar. Get this. No pic on the box to give you an idea what it is. AND there are two puzzles in ONE box. Yes, one box. And you know what? We actually completed it. There were points in there where I really thought it was impossible and there would be no way to finish it. But we did :) So, now I'll wait for mark to try to solve the mystery part of the puzzle :) The least I can do.
And I'm not allowed to start a puzzle for another long time!!!
Am going to try to work on some other projects and develop some balance in my life. Wonder if I'll be able to do it ?!?!?!?
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL...you brought me back to that email about the mommy disorder - attempting to do 1 thing and get mixed up doing 10 other things. Can't say I'm as addictive, unless we're talking TV. But I figure if I keep up the house work and exercise, I've earned the right to watch. :)
~B
I am EXACTLY like you. Ran into that yesterday in fact...doing one thing, ended up organizing closets/drawers and cleaning cupboards that I hadn't intended. Then although I've done a lot, (and am tired and cranky b/c of it) half of what I *wanted/needed* to do didn't get done. D'oh.
Glad you enjoyed the puzzle though.
Post a Comment