Monday, February 05, 2007

Mya's Birthday

Hmmmmmmmmm .... what's new?? Mya is 6. Had her birthday and sleepover last weekend. Helped Amber a bit with the prep, etc. Didn't do a whole lot else. Seemed like the wkend just went by without us even noticing!!

Did get out skating once more tho. Didn't get out caching all weekend and am in total withdrawl :) I think I'm just shackwhacky and miss getting out!

DH got the truck fixed. It was an easy fix, just took a couple of weeks to get it done ... such is life!! So, I'm back to having a vehicle and am going to playgroup tomorrow - yippee!

Went to visit with Tom and Carroll Anne on Sat night. The boys played xbox and the ladies and a cocktail or two and chit chatted. It was really nice to catch up and relax. Also, I realized I am still overwhelmed and some days I wish I had no kids. Which is true, yet makes me really sad. I never remember feeling like this so often. I guess I am just burnt out.

In between those times, we are getting along really great and life is good :)

Looking at going to The Secret Garden musical and "Cirque de Soliel" atlantic version ... just need $$$$. That's what it always boils down to!

Had a really great chat with Dad over the weekend, about nothing and everything. Just a really nice, long, and long overdue phone call.

AND I found out that my friend Kevin and ex Chad both got married in the last year. Kind of weird to find out, and sad that I wasn't there ... but it really was a lifetime ago. Ultimately, I am just super happy that they've both found somebody that they are happy with. Happy enough to marry and that's good.

AND great news, another one of the crew Craig who I've been trying to get ahold of ... I finally found him. Didn't get to talk long at all as after 5 mins on the phone with him, for the first time in 3 years, the 3 kids were screaming and crying. One had been asleep but the other two woke him. Soooooooooooo, it was confirmation for him not to have kids :) And really frustrating for me. I hope to catch up with him this week sometime.

Watched Rob Roy last night on TV ... LOVE that movie!! I want to move overseas sooooo bad. Just for one year. I think it would be an incredible experience.

I feel like this post is sounding cranky and sad, but I'm really in a great mood.

Amber is on a date that I set her up on!!! Right now, heading there. I went to the hairdresser on Fri. She did an AWESOME job on my hair for really cheap. I have no greys now :) And she straightened my hair with barely any product and it looks and stayed super. And I had a blast there. Ususally I hardly ever go to the salon and when I do, I dread it. But, this time, the gal was great. I had a blast. She was really fun. Funny, cute and understanding. We got to chatting quite a bit and she mentioned a single friend and I mentioned Amber, so they are going on a date tonight!!! I NEVER play matchmaker for her, so I think she just cut me some slack. Still I am crossing my fingers and hope it all goes well.

AND every single one of the kids ate a great supper today. I was shocked. Marinated steak cut into strips and fried with rice ... and cukes and green pepper and mushrooms raw on the side for the kids. Fried for us. And veggies for me. i was just in shock that they all ate and didn't have to fight with anyone and only made one meal. Wooooo hoooooo!!

And, yes I am very fond of the word and! :) AND, I've been eating healthily for three days now. This may seem like nothing, but for me it is HUGE! There are tons of kids snacks in the house all the time, and sweets that loving mothers bring over, etc etc. So, I am just not eating it. And I've eaten less carbs. Likely just the amt I shoudl have and lots of fruits and veggies and bought vitamins for all of us today. Now, to get in the habit of taking them :)

That's all for now. Part of this post has already been erased b/c of the stupid mouse pad thingy on the laptop! That is soooooooooooooooo Maddening!!! So, who knows if this makes sense anymore. I *think* it was coherent at one point. I hate trying to redo posts :(

Anyway, hope all is well with you and yours. Signing off from the Crazy House of Chaos!!!

2 comments:

Bern said...

Yeah, 2 days in a row!! I so love reading your blog. :)

Sounds like you had a great wknd. Sorry I missed you. I needed some time to myself to regroup after the crawl space. I did like you said and researched further. We know what we need to do now. Just need the $$ for new insulation. Man, the fun never ends.

~B

Anonymous said...

Ok, I wrote a nice long comment and it didn't work! So, here's the short version ;)

Time flies, can't believe Mya is 6.

Glad things are gonig well with food, truck, connecting, matchmaking ;)

What's the Cirque de Soliel Atl ver?