Thursday, February 22, 2007

They're all "tubed" up

Well, I'm so glad that's over!

You all know how nervous I was. I just really thought there was a better way, but I couldn't find it. And after being convinced that there was no other choice, I was really on board. Anyway, some kind of calm came over me the day of. I wasn't nervous at all. Not even a little.

I was all packed the night before. Sheeshi (P's build a bear) was sporting her new scrubs from Nana & Papa and Big D had Brother bear to bring. Had movies and toys and changes of clothes etc and everything ready to go for the morning. Anyway, that a.m. we went to playgroup so I wouldn't have to chase D out of the kitchen all morning. Then, right after that we went straight to the hospital.

By the time we got all registered and set up, we had to wait barely any time at all and all went on schedule. The kids were both in great spirits and had lots of fun. Great waiting room with lots of toys, etc. The baby has a really bad chest like I said, so it was iffy if they'd do him that day or not. But, they decided to go ahead. And he got along perfect. He went first, then P. And they both did awesome.

Not a tear or a whine or a winge or a cry before or after. P was sooooooooooo proud of herself. She kept telling me how good she did. That she did a beautiful job and that we was very very good. And she was. And the earrings came out and went in with no problem. By 2:30 we were at Tim's eating soups and treats and chips, and drinking. So, it all really went without a hitch. Well, the ear part I knew would be fine. I just don't like the going to sleep part. The dr. took tons of gook out of both ears in both kids. So, hopefully this will be worth it. And will make a diff and will let their little ears grow just the way that they should.

Thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers, calls, visits and supper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is sooo awesome! The anaestethic is what I would be nervous about too but sounds like they got along even better than great! I'm so happy! I do hope it makes a big difference for them! Too cute about the BAB outfit. I'm really hoping we do get to do it tomorrow! Can't wait to see everyone!

Bern said...

Hurray!!! So happy for you! If anyone needed the reassurance, it was you. :) I know it's hard to see them go through something like this but it is much better in the end, in my experience.

~B