That's me! Cooked supper last night, two of them :) And while cooking the spaghetti for the kids, I was distracted while stirring and stirred my poor fingers in the frothing, boiling water. Got a burn that is not terrible but quite bad enough and all blistered. I am such a baby about burns. Give me labour pains any day, but burns, I am a total wimp. So, I'm wimping around the kitchen with my "good" finger in a cup of water and still trying to "cook". Then, the water in the cup is getting warm and I am hurting - so I figure, I'm smart, I'll just put in an ice cube or two to keep the water chilly while I'm finishing. Well, that might have been a good theory, but knowing my nature I should have thought twice. What happens to something moist when it hits cold, cold metal? IT FREEZES TO IT!!! That's what happened when I tried to get ice - right on the entirity of my burnt flesh. Now, had I been thinking, I would have put a little water on it to get free. But, no I panicked. And I ripped it off. It hurt too much for me to even utter a scream. Owwwwwwwwww.
Anyway, I am fine now, and find the whole scenario kind of comical, so feel free to laugh at my expense :) And hopefully, you'll remember story if you ever need burn first aid.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man! While it does some comical the way you describe it, I'm sure it was not funny and hurt more than a little bit! Hope it's better!
I am the same way. I could cut myself on my scissors but the minute I touch my flatiron I could cry!
Post a Comment