Friday, September 29, 2006

Daddy got a MOOSE!!

He is very excited. And I'm happy for him. They have a draw for the licenses and he got one. And he is hunting with a few friends but he is the one who got the moose. So, it's quite a thrill I understand.

I can't help but feeling really sad for the poor moose. But I do realize that it isn't much different from the poor butchered cow and chicken that I eat fairly regularly. It is really sad for the animals. I get around it by not thinking about it.

Sad I know. But, if I thought about it, I think I'd be vegetarian. And not sure that I could really do that right. It would be so much energy. It's always in the back of my mind though ..... I'd really have to get to like onions then!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. (Q)How do you know your from the country? (A) Your parents go moose hunting..
My mom just got back from Cape Breton last week. She has her Indian status that entitles her the right to go every year, which she does. Definately the highlight of her September's. Mom and her sister went this year and shot a moose. I went once, about 3 years ago to check it out and I had so much fun in the mountains. If we would have actually shot a moose that year I know I would have cried and probably had nightmares forever. I am such a softy. But when it shows up smelling that great on the table I am the first one there with my fork. It just tastes so damn good!!