Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Christmas

We had a super Christmas!! Even though we were sad at times, we really tried to focus on joyful moments as much as we could. And it seemed to have worked.

The kids were a dream. That must have been Santa's present to me :) With a few minor exceptions, they all got along really well, they were great listeners, had lots of manners and respect, ate well, loved their gifts and shared their toys. Were great at bedtime, etc etc. It was really dreamy.

On Christmas Eve, we made our tradional breakfast for Christmas morning. As Mom and Reg and Elaine and Jim were coming over, we made 2 pans. Mya and Phaedrea helped me with every single bit of it and did a little bit of taste testing along the way. Then we made cookies to leave out for Santa. The shortbread recipe on the cornstarch box. They were really yummy. And then we made reindeer food and left some out for Rudolph and the others. Then they wrote notes to Santa and were off to bed.

Makayla stayed up for a little bit to help us arrange the gifts. I can remember that was my fav part after I figured out the Santa mystery. So, soon after she went to bed as well.

Makayla and Mya were up ungodly early 4:45 !!! Phaedra slept till about 7:40 so it was a long wait for the girls. We were also trying to wait for the parents too who were coming at 7:30, so we got them to wait until about 7:50 but that is all we could do!! They gp arrived not too long after and still got to see the gifts so that was fun.

Mr Deylin didn't really care to open any gifts this a.m., but he did on his birthday so I was a bit surprised. The girls ripped into everything though and just loved tearing off the paper. Santa must know this too as he wraps all the stocking stuffers too :)

Hmmmmmmmm .. what did they get. Makayla: DVD player (portable), digital camera, a FurReal chimp, lots of surprises and a geocaching travel bug!!!!! Great idea!!! Thanks Mar :) She loves it and we're trying to figure out where to plant it :)

Phaedra: Aquadoodle mat, Storybook theatre projector, Baby Anabelle - cries real tears, and many treats

Mya: Polly Pocket stuff and My Little Pony stuff and Makeup!! That's what she really wanted. They all got dress up stuff too and didn't take long getting all decked out.

Deylin: Farm + Blocks, Thomas stuff, Fisher Price Castle, and lots of little goodies.

Mark and I didn't exchange any gifts. Ran out of time and money and stamina with all. But, we didn't mind. He got a Lost puzzle and we can't wait to work on it and find out what the spoilers are. I also did a little wallet album for him so he can show off the kids :)

After gifts, we had our breakfast, the kids had already eaten cereal and won't touch the strata anyway.

Later in the evening we all congreted at Elaine and Jim's for supper with the whole gang and opened more presents out there. We spent the night and after the kids went to bed we just chit chatted. We didn't have any energy to do much more than that!

We headed back home on Boxing Day to the surprise news that Dad and Gayle were coming.

They didn't bring the girls. So, we really reallly missed them a lot, but it was great in another way to just have D&G to ourselves. Still would've loved to have seen the girls though.

Dad helped me build a bookshelf thingy to support my peninsula in the kitchen. I should take a pic of it. I am really really excited to have it finished and get the counter off stools and boxes so that I can actually use it! I haven't painted it yet though, I can't figure out what to do with it .... Have to think on it a it.

We went over to Amber's for New Year's. That was nice too. Just what I was up for. Now it is recovery time.

Wish I could sleep for an entire day!!

1 comment:

Bern said...

Sounds like y'all had lots of fun! And great kiddies too!!
~B