Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend Update

Had a great wkend - for the most part!!

Friday night was awesome. Out with B&J for the night. Went to Doraku for supper ... without reservations. But, by some miracle - they had a table for us and it was in the traditional room - I couldn't believe my luck!!!!

Loved all my sushi except the surf clam. Nothing to write home about. But the rest was just soooooo delicious, I wanted to eat more and more and go there again and again. Will have to leave Mark out next time as he will not try sushi, and the beef teriaki there is terrible. Wonder if that is spelled right??

Anyway, went to The Holiday which I was sure that I was't going to like that much ... but it was awesome!! Bern is just so fun to watch movies with. We cried and laughed out loud and clapped. It was a great movie and I LOVE Kate Winslet - and Jack Black even grew on me as well. He wasn't an idiot, just charmingly goofy :)

On Sat, we headed to Antigonish to see Mari and the gang, barely made it there, but we did arrive in one piece. The kids got along great and had lots of fun, but takes them so long to get used to each other and to not be shy, that half the day was gone by then. Still great to see them and their smiles and hear their laughs. Found a couple of caches, if you can call it that since our gps died, no batteries. Still a treat for the kids tho and I'll remember spare batteries next time :)

Even though it was raining and really foggy, we still had a good drive back. The kiddies were asleep and went right to bed.

Hope we get to see them again some time soon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, next time I'm there, that's where we're going, for susuhi! I have only tried what Michelle made at home for us one time...dunno if I'll like it but I sure wanna try.

We had a great visit and do hope we can do it again soon!

Bern said...

Not that I mean to invite myself, but if I'm handy and you want the company, I'm SO there!! Yummy!!!!

Sounds like your visit was a lot of fun. Wish you were closer Mari. I think all the gals (Amb incl) would have loads of laughs together.

~B

Shay said...

Invite away!! I think it would be a great time, and we'll be sure to make reservations!

I don't think we'd get Amber to try any of the sushi tho hehehe