My back is still dying, and has now spread into my hip. Or maybe that is a separate thing, but either way - it blows. I think I am going to try chiro and see if that gets me anywhere. I am so discouraged at this point.
I had a good weekend. Spent a lot of time with Amber and we didn't kill each other!! In fact, we had a really nice time. We worked as a team, had fun together. Chatted a big tonne. And even had fun with the kids AND they all ate. Well, not always what we made, but they ate. DH has been working like nuts. He's barely even had sleeping time. I feel bad for him!! Hopefully he'll get some sleep soon.
The baby has another ear infection. Bad in the right. And defintiely there in the left. Poor buddy. I certainly have no doubts about getting the tubes now .. .if there were even any doubt left. But, that is not to say that I am not nervous. The date is just about a month from now. I'm sure we'll be fine, but you know how the mind can wander!!
Makayla is doing super. Lots of help and great attitude. Doing really well with all her commitments and still LOVING dancing. I called today to get some more information about making the dress. The gal said it would take about 50 hours. I wonder if I am up for it???? At least it will be over the winter and maybe I'll have some extra time - ha!!!
Phaedra is no bigger than a minute, but really big on the laughs and joy she inspires. Had her out caching, and she is such a good sport and fun to go out with tramping around in the woods. Am trying to think about hiding a cache, but there are so many around me, I'm not sure that I would even know where to put one!!! Have to think on it. A couple of my ideas are already taken.
Speaking of caching. I think I am addicted. I think Amber is too. We got out quite a bit this weekend, and I find it so fun. It was freezing like nobody's business out, but we were dressed really well and didn't even mind it a bit. The peace and quiet, nature and the stars and moon were amazing. We even went to the beach and found that beautiful in its own dark and gloomy way. There truly is nothing like the sound of the ocean. A sheer force. Amazing.
Also, read a note in the paper about Gaelic lessons. Called the gal for more info. I am hoping to be able to take it. Have mixed feelings about whether I'd be able to keep up with it or not, but I'd definitely try. I would love to speak it and maybe even teach the kids. Even if just some of the basics. Maybe some of you would join me. I'll give more details when I get them.
And really neat thing - we solved a Gaelic cache and now just have to go find it. It was a great puzzle and a lot of fun. Loved the theme of course too :)
Guess I best sign out for now. Catch up with you all later!!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So aweful about your back. Man oh man, we're all going through it right now. You, me & Mari!
As a point of interest, I saw a "Balance" show with Valerie Pringle. She talked about overworked moms (there was a word for it but it escapes me). It talked about how we all wanted to be our fathers (work outside the home) while trying to be our mother's as well (work inside the home). No wonder we're tired!!
~B
Sucky about the back. It affects EVERYTHING you do! Must be hard taking care of kiddies in that condition.
Great that you had a good weekend despite DH being at work and not being able to join you guys caching and help you out in gen. Glad to know I have some caching addicts to head out with when we're together. D just isn't as in to it as I am - nice to know someone is :)
I took Gaelic and have some tapes if you wanna borrow em - if I can find em all. Lemme know.
Great news re the kids cept D's ear infection. I hope the antibiotics work soon and give him some relief.
I'm seeing those stat bar finds increase...you must be out geo-caching! You are addicted :) Hope you're having fun but don't forget about us, we miss your posts!
Post a Comment