Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How can it have been that long????

Since I posted last. Man, the time gets away from me quick.

Hard to think of what's new. My back is killing me most of the time. I learned this great exercise that really helps it, but it is a two person thing and I can only do it when Mark is around. That is why I was so great all weekend! Makes for a long day. I wonder if he can come home at lunch??? :)

The kids are all doing well. Makayla is thriving in her dance class. She wants to go to competition so I am trying to "save" up for that. Holy geez, it's expensive. But really, so would any competitive sport and the gear, etc. So, I really feel like I have to go with what she is committed to, and she really LOVES this. I am surprised how much, really.

We are once again contributing to the Green House effect in full force :( We are a two car family again. While I wish in a way that we weren't, I am too selfish not to be. Driving to/from work each day sucked dragging all the kids, and being stuck at home was even worse. So, Mark bought a little Mazda. Kind of a beater, but runs really well and has a trailer hitch. That was all that really mattered. Maybe when we're older, we'll get to buy something cute and fun - ha!

I joined the Fly Lady on her mission of cleanliness and organization. I still have a long ways to go, but I got the pantry, freezer, fridge (thanks DH!!), and deep freeze sorted, inventoried, scrubbed and set to rights. Am still working on things in ways but am really trying to do it little by little instead of killing myself as I am always inclined to do.

My fitness theme has blown up in my face. While I loved Curves, it closed early, closed on Sundays, had all the funeral stuff, then Christmas, closed at New Year's, then I hurt my back. I got there a little bit in between all of this stuff, but it wasn't enough to really "test" it as it was never in a row, in a row, in a row. So, now the back is still out and I'm wondering what is safe for me to start doing. It is hard enough for me to get motivated let alone have some physical obstacle. Maybe I should try to start walking. That I can do. Never seems to be a chance to do it though.

Had a great visit with B&J on the wkend. Just longed to stay up till 4am and sleep in, but alas with all these kiddies - we can't! Can't wait for the time to come for that too! Got some scrapbooking done, but really want some time to do more. I need a week's vacation to stay home and get caught up on stuff!!

I need groceries in the most desperate way, so I guess I'll be doing that tonight. Fun fun.

Duty calls - gotta run!!!

2 comments:

Bern said...

Finally is right! Man, I've been waiting all week for you to blog again. :) Hope that back shapes up so you can do something. Just commit to one thing. If you like yoga, make a deal with yourself that everyday after D's up and fed that you'll do it. It becomes routine. That's what worked for me.

~B

Anonymous said...

Ya, we missed ya! Glad to see back on the blog! So great Makayla found something she loves. I hope she gets to the competition and enjoys it too.

Kudos on the new car and organization, that's a lot of work. Esp with a bad back...the fitness thing will fall into place, just let the back get better. I know where you're coming from tho, I'm anxious to get going too...

Great reading what's going on. Keep it up!