Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Health of the kiddies

Makayla went to see Dr Kapur, the allergy specialist. She is on a new regime of puffers which I think is super. We've ditched the aerochamber, and she only has to take ventolin when she needs it. Not 4 times a day for 3 weeks every time she gets a cold. Sooooooo, it'll be easier for her to take the meds, and she'll end up taking them WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less. Which I love. They are also going to repeat her breathing tests, and we are on alert for the coming winter.

I can't believe the winter is coming!?!?

Anyway, winter is usually her worst time, so we'll see how things play out in the coming months.

Phaedra has another ear infection. Why is she getting so many???? She never had this many as a baby, and she doesn't drink much dairy. I am totally baffled.

Deylin has another ear infection too. He's not being treated yet. Trying to hang in there till the 24th for the ENT. Have an appt with the GP today just to double check ... can't figure out why he is getting them all the time either?!?!?!? Ugh. Maybe this is all due to the teeth. He's been getting his molars for a couple of months now and they are almost all the way through .....

I guess we'll just wait and see ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the kids aren't feeling well. Poor little Deylin, can't believe he's still fighting the probs. Although you would rather not do it, tubes just might help...

The Journey To My Soul said...

Coming from me,, believe me I know the HELL of ear infections. It is one of my most common childhood memories. And poor mom. I had the infections, tubes, surgerys and the excruciating pain. Nothing helped, I just "grew out of it". Probably at about 11-13. I still really don't know of any proven results, there were none in my childhood. But I was watching "The View" today and there was a woman on there talking about antibiotics vs holistic approaches. So I found a website that may be of help. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n253/ai_21034487 Hey its better than nothing. I hate antibiotics. I know all about the struggles. For you and the kiddies. Good Luck.